Saturday, August 11, 2007

Week 7 - Wikis

At last! A topic I can understand! Having Wikipedia out there made this all fairly easy to comprehend -- and thus think a bit creatively. I want to talk to Derek Buker about how wikis compare with our intranet. I'd like to have something like a wiki on which our guidelines and policies were posted for easy access. We have tried to do that on the intranet, but it always seems crowded or limited.

Now, I have to admit that if I posted instructions for adding gift copies to the catalog, or correcting data in a record, I would want it to be a closed entry -- not something other people could add to or edit. But wouldn't it be nice to have one place to turn for answers?

1 comment:

ILLBookbuyer said...

I agree, Kathy. I am in the process of creating a wiki for ILL use, but feel inadequate yet to share it publicly. I want it to be only in-house.